Monday May 18 - Sunday May 24, 2020

Come here to talk about things that are not related to agoraphobia.
sbm12405
Site Admin

Monday May 18 - Sunday May 24, 2020

Post by sbm12405 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Still don’t feel well. Exhausted. My wife picked up the antibiotic last night from the pharmacy here. It was $230+. For 30 days. Supposed to be $35 for 90 days from Canada but I can’t deal with continuous use of steroids. So we bit the bullet and bought a months worth.

Hope everyone is having a better time than me right now.
Sarah
Just when the caterpillar thought it's world was over it turned into a butterfly.....

I am not a doctor or other medical professional. If you are in need of medical care please contact emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.
Faerie

Re: Monday May 18 - Sunday May 24, 2020

Post by Faerie » Tue May 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi everyone.

Sarah, I hope those antibiotics work so you can stop the steroids + feel better.

Conn, well done on making all those masks. Nothing like jumping in at the deep end when you learning something new.

Vickie how are you doing?

Every country in the world is panicked + stressed right now. But the virus is more than enough to deal with without throwing in civil disobedience, crooked cops + some out of control heavy handed army guys who have beaten a couple of people to death.
My daughter's partner was caught by some plain clothed scruffy police when he was trying to buy some cigarettes a few days ago. 8 weeks ago as part of our lockdown they banned cigarettes + alcohol. (The only country to ban tobacco) Even the most law abiding people have turned to getting cigarettes on the black market where they can. There are a lot of fat cats + talk of some politicians making a fortune.
Someone offered him a few packets + 4 guys jumped out + manhandled him. He was thrown into the back of a van + screamed at for 10 minutes. He was then hauled out, made to do push ups + then told to run while they chased him. (He is 53) But . . this was done after they had taken all his money. Just more crooked cops.
There have also been 1577 schools that have been robbed, vandalized or torched. The whole situation is ridiculous.
I've said all along we cannot be compared to USA, Britain or other first world countries + we will never get the true figures here. India is in the same boat. But today on BBC news I heard that a cyclone is hitting India + Bangladesh + something like 2 million people have to be evacuated. Those poor people. Geez, nobody said life is fair but does it have to be so harsh. So right now I have a roof over my head, a warm bed + for now I'm counting my many blessings.

I hope you are all keeping safe. Look after yourselves. (((Hugs))) I miss hugs!!!! I'm a huggy person. Lol
KittenMittens

Post by KittenMittens » Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 am

Hi everyone,

sorry for the absence. I came home after 5 weeks in Oregon, had to move our daughter Nicole back to her home and then Alex wanted to see the grandkids... so we flew to Oregon again.

I am home and finally balanced enough to reach out. It sure was a difficult situation to be in a single wide mobile home with my daughter, son in law, 5 year old grandson and an infant. Whew! I did it and now I am so glad to be home.

I will try to check in daily.

Good night everyone
I desire to inspire before I expire
sbm12405
Site Admin

Post by sbm12405 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Faerie- sorry that your daughters partner was assaulted. I don’t smoke. I don’t allow anyone to smoke in my house. And my neighbors daughter smokes but only outside because her mom won’t let her smoke in the house. We have an agreement with her mom that she smokes out front during the day and on the opposite side of the house in the backyard at night. The other night our yard was full of smoke again. She and her mom knows I have asthma. So I texted her mom. And she got busted. Lol. So now she has to smoke out front at night too. With that said I know that it’s an addiction. It’s hard to stop. And your daughters partner and probably many people in your country would have had to stop cold turkey. Which isn’t easy I know. Not by personal experience but by what I hear from people who try to quit. So I feel for him.

Cheryl - nice to see you back. I’m not sure I could spend that much time in that cramped of a space with anyone. Lol. When I had my nieces and nephews over back when I lived in Ohio I would be exhausted when they left. When they spent the night too I’d sleep for a couple of days after they left. Don’t get me wrong I loved them. I still do love them very much. They just have so much energy and I don’t.

So today is my wife’s birthday. I’m trying to stay in a decent mood for her. She has asked me to make banana bread today. I purposely bought extra bananas the last time I ordered groceries just to make it so they are perfectly ripened now for it. So I’ll do that a little later this morning. Already started laundry today.

Once I’m done with the breathing treatment I’m taking I am going to go into the office and order appliances for our kitchen. We know exactly what we are getting and where from. Luckily we can order them online. I used to sell them so I don’t have a problem just reading specs and ordering them that way. Our dishwasher is on its last leg. We’ve been limping it along for some time now. The range and microwave are over 20 years old. The refrigerator isn’t that old but it’s black and we are getting stainless steel. It also is incredibly deep. So deep we can’t open the cabinet door next to it to get the slide out try out. Which is annoying. So we are going to put the old refrigerator in the garage and are ordering a cabinet depth refrigerator. We were just going to get a dishwasher but with the sales right now we are saving right around 30% by buying a package. If we just bought the dishwasher it would be around 10%.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day. Check in when you can.
Sarah
Just when the caterpillar thought it's world was over it turned into a butterfly.....

I am not a doctor or other medical professional. If you are in need of medical care please contact emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.
KittenMittens

Post by KittenMittens » Wed May 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Sarah, Banana Bread? YUM! I make muffins out of our extra bananas. SO GOOD! We just bought a dishwasher, it went out when I was in Oregon and my hubby was done washing dishes by hand. We are switching over to stainless steel also. If you are ordering online, consider using Rakuten. They give cashback at most online shops. Here's a link to sign up, it's free and it should give you $10 just for signing up. https://www.rakuten.com/r/SADICH?utm_ca ... eeid=45830

Faerie, OMG... what is wrong with people? This world is going insane. Cigarettes are addictive and to be forced to quit cold turkey without aid is ignorant of how the body reacts to it physically and psychologically. Then to be treated like he was... it's disgusting. I am so sorry that he went through that.

Today I am going to finish cleaning out my front yard garden space and then plant some flowers. I have a huge amount of groundcover that has become overgrown. Then off to look at our finances.... or maybe have a drink first lol
Vickiem1124

Post by Vickiem1124 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:55 pm

hi everybody doing ok they are going to open things gradually up with restrictions on june 1st but its something
sbm12405
Site Admin

Post by sbm12405 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Cheryl - bummer that I ordered the appliances before I saw your message but I did check it out. The store we bought from doesn’t have a discount on that site. Plus we are using a store credit card to get 12 months no interest and an additional $100 off. We have the cash in our savings account but if they are going to give us free money for 12 months we will use it and keep the money in our account earning that little tiny amount of interest it earns. Lol. I am going to bookmark that site though.

Vickie - our governor here has already started opening up our state. We haven’t even hit peak here yet. Needless to say I’m not happy about that but I can’t really do anything about it.
Sarah

KittenMittens

Post by KittenMittens » Thu May 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Sarah, I have so many different things I do to save a dollar here or there. I use Rakuten, Honey, Wikibuy and then have joined several groups on Facebook that find extreme deals on Amazon or glitches on other sights that provide free items. That's how I was able to afford Christmas and get everyone what they actually wanted. That is a great deal on your appliances!

Vickie, When we all look back on 2020 we will think about all of the restrictions that we all had to follow. It's kind of odd to think about all of the people in the world having to live like Agoraphobics but they get anxiety from NOT being able to go out. Well played Covid19 - Well played.

As for me and my household, we should be on our cruise to Alaska, but that was obviously cancelled. We have until 2022 to schedule and go. We figured we will try again next May or June. We will see if the cruise lines are still in operation. This morning I spent my time in the front yard gardening. Pulling out ground cover and found a bunch of black widows. Sheesh, I have spiders.

Have a productive day everyone
Faerie

Post by Faerie » Sat May 23, 2020 5:06 am

Hi everyone.

"I'm getting tired of being part of a major historical event." That's a meme doing the rounds here at the moment + that's how we are feeling right now. Covid 19 is enough to deal with without everything else that is happening here.

Unlike your president who talks too much ours doesn't talk enough. When he does, there is so much waffling that it leaves one wondering what on earth that was all about? We have 5 stages of lockdown. (One of the strictest in world) When we went from stage 5 to stage 4 the president announced that tobacco products would be sold. 2 days later that was retracted + in level four although some exercise time is allowed in the morning a curfew was brought in that everyone had to be in their homes by 8p.m.
One of the ministers (who is the ex wife of the corrupt previous president) was hoping to be elected as president. She didn't win but she is the one who got the ban on cigarettes extended to level 3. Now she is fighting to get tobacco + alcohol banned until level 1. With the corona viruses peak only expected to be in September level 1 is a long way off. We are also told they can go back to level five if people don't comply. It is said that her son is the kingpin behind the illegal cigarette black market.

Its difficult to tell who is in charge anymore. Here we vote for a party not a person so they decide who the president + ministers are going to be + unfortunately we don't have a strong opposition party. Questions are being asked if we are a democracy or if we have become a military state. 230 thousand people have been arrested + charged for breaking lockdown since the end of March. Most of them minor. Breaking the curfew . . . being late for exercise cut off time . . . . not having permission to be on the street . . . being found with even 1 cigarette on you. I could fill the page but don't want to bore you all.

I have done my best to self isolate (not even seeing my children) but my boss made her intentions clear early in the lockdown. There is only one way to handle this situation. Quite simply It must just be accepted that old people (I fall into that category) will die. People with weakened immune systems + underlying diseases of any kind (I fit in there too) will die. For the rest people must keep on with their normal lives + keep the economy going. So for weeks she has had builder's, her gardener, cleaners etc here. All of them needing to be in lockdown, all from over crowded townships, not wearing masks while they work here, because they need the minimum pay to feed their family. They are then sent to me for gate remotes etc.

I realized that I was tired + stressed before the virus even hit here. Some of my nearest + dearest are scattered all over the world. USA, Britain, Canada, Australia. My worry + panic began with the Australian fires. Then one country after the other being hit by virus + going through every step there. with them. I don't have a switch off button. Conn will understand that. So it's been months of worry + a lot of sleepless nights. All added to just 'normal' life which in my case is not easy.

Ok, enough of all of that. The weather here is very cold at nights + in the morning but the days are mild. We don't get winter rain where I am so we can be outside virtually all year round. Luther, you and Cheryl could work in your gardens all year.

Cheryl, how is your new grandchild doing?

Sarah, I'm sure your new appliances are going to look amazing in your kitchen. I know you designed kitchens. But I think you should go into doing garage designs. I am sure there are many people who would love a garage like yours.

Its still very early + dark here. Another bad night. But I am so glad its the weekend. I'm just hoping there won't be anyone working here.

Look after yourselves + be safe. (((Hugs)))
sbm12405
Site Admin

Post by sbm12405 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:58 pm

Cheryl - I do hope you get to go on your cruise eventually.

Faerie- I’m sure it’s tough right now for you. Hang in there.

My breathing got much worse again. I called the doctor on call at my pulmonologist office. He told me to go to the emergency room. I told him I’d rather not. He said maybe an urgent care could help. So I just got home from the urgent care. They gave me a mega dose of steroids via injection and bumped my oral steroids up high again starting tomorrow. And told me to keep up on the breathing treatments blah blah blah. This is getting really old. And I forgot how sore a steroid injection makes your arm. Lol. I can barely lift anything with it right now. But I already am starting to feel a bit better. So I’m hopeful it will help kick me out of this.
Sarah