Monday May 3 - Sunday May 9, 2021

Come here to talk about things that are not related to agoraphobia.
Faerie

Re: Monday May 3 - Sunday May 9, 2021

Post by Faerie »

Well done Vickie + good luck. I hope it all goes well. What age group of children do you want to work with? Yes, you are right, it's good to hear positive news + decisions when we are all dealing with so much. (Hugs)
sbm12405
Site Admin

Post by sbm12405 »

Hey guys -

Faerie- I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you feel better. Stress sucks.

Conn - How did your moms eye appointment go? Is she starting to feel better with the antibiotics? How are you doing? I know you’ve been stressed lately too.

Vickie - That is fantastic news about your graduation and certificate! I’m really proud of you. And honored to call you a friend.

Heck - I’m honored to call all of you friends.

So ya, I am feeling better. Wednesday was kind of rough. Our car windows were tinted at the dealership before we bought it but they put a really light tinting on it. Which just isn’t enough to keep the car cool here. And since I’m going to be spending a ton of time in the car we decided it needed tinted darker and we might as well have it detailed while we were at it.

We called a place our neighbor used. Got a quote. Scheduled an appointment for Wednesday morning. I took it in and our friend met me there so I wouldn’t have to hang out there. Get there and all they have is window tinting with no removal of the old tint and no detail. And he said they didn’t have time to do the removal of the old tint or the detail. After a short exchange I called my wife because I was getting pissed off and the f bombs were going to fly. She told me to put him on the phone. He opted to call her phone instead of using mine (grateful for that).

So that conversation went on for a bit. Ended up after she told him we will just take it somewhere else he suddenly had time to do the work. It cost us a bit more which really pissed me off but it needed done by today.

And speaking of today I’m sitting in the car as I type this. My wife is in getting her stomach scoped in preparation for the surgery. They just want to make sure there are no surprises. So I was allowed into the hospital. I was allowed into the waiting room of the lab where they do the procedure. But when they called her back I was told I had to wait either in the waiting room or if I had a phone then I could wait outside and they will call me when she’s done. Which sucks. She was told I could go back with her and when they took her for the procedure then I’d have to go to the car. Oh well.

The nice surprise is that the car is cool enough I haven’t had to turn it on yet. It’s 7:30am here and in the low 70s. Suppose to get to 96 today. It hit 99 yesterday. They thought we’d hit 100. So the heat has begun. Lol

Anyway my wife took the whole day off work today. Dottie is currently at the neighbors house. The neighbor told me a few weeks ago that she had an appointment with a person to do their taxes. They are retired. This person charges them an insane amount of money to do their taxes. I told her to cancel the appointment and we’d do them for them. So we were looking at them earlier in the week. Come to find out the only reason why they have to do them is because they get taxes taken out of some investments that they get money from monthly. We were like, you know if you don’t have the taxes taken out then you wouldn’t have to file a return to get your money back and you’d get a higher monthly pay out? They had no idea. Pisses me off that no one ever told them that and that the person they’ve used to prepare their taxes for years and years never told them that. She just kept taking their money. So I just need to review all the paperwork then we will take it back over to them to show them what needs to be filed. If we had known they paid someone to do that we would have offered a long time ago. Their investment guy also has them in some investments with extremely high fees. And he gets paid by transaction as well. That pisses us off too. We told them that they should ask him about funds with lower fees. But we don’t want to manage that for them. That’s for sure. I just hate it when people take advantage of others. Especially the elderly. My wife’s mother had similar issues.

Anyway - I’m rambling. Just sitting here with nothing to do until I need to pull the car around.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! We really need to get our butts moving on some projects that need to get done before her surgery. We just having been “feeling it” lately.
Sarah
Just when the caterpillar thought it's world was over it turned into a butterfly.....

I am not a doctor or other medical professional. If you are in need of medical care please contact emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.
sbm12405
Site Admin

Post by sbm12405 »

Here you go everyone. Something to make you laugh in a Friday......
Attachments
6AF9422F-F1A6-4373-84F5-2544C4D6D074.jpeg
6AF9422F-F1A6-4373-84F5-2544C4D6D074.jpeg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 36 times
Sarah
Just when the caterpillar thought it's world was over it turned into a butterfly.....

I am not a doctor or other medical professional. If you are in need of medical care please contact emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.